North Central Bailiffs Ltd.
About Bidding – Disclaimer
- Please note that our inventory is subject to change without notice. All sales are subject to adjournment without notice or compensation to the bidders.
- This is the bid information sheet referred to on the Bid form.
- Please take the time to read this information sheet carefully. Should you decide to bid on any of our items, the bid must be submitted on a bid form that acknowledges the terms and limitations described herein.
- All items are sold “as is”. North Central Bailiffs Ltd. does not offer any guarantees or warranties as to the condition, model, year, mileage or suitability for any particular purpose of any of the items.
- It is the responsibility of the bidder to inspect the items of interest. Bidders are encouraged to have the item(s) inspected by a person knowledgeable with the particular item.
- Inspections are limited to visual inspections at the location where the goods are located.
- Where applicable, inspection may include starting the engine, but the item(s) may not be removed from our storage facilities. Bidders or their agents may not disassemble goods in any way.
- Most items will be sold at wholesale value or for “fair market value” as determined by the Canadian Black Book (or similar source) or by appraisal.
- The public should be aware that popular items can often sell for more than the wholesale or appraised values.
- Bids below wholesale will not be accepted. Bids should not include reasons for the price offered.
- Items for which the highest bid does not reflect wholesale or fair market value may be re-advertised for tender or may be offered for sale under a different venue.
- All bids must be submitted prior to the closing date. Late bids will not be accepted. Bidders must ascertain for themselves the closing date of items listed. For this purpose, you should contact us by e-mail, or fax.
- Bids must be submitted on the appropriate bid form, which can be obtained at this site.
- Bids can be submitted in person to any of our offices during normal office hours. Bids can also be submitted by fax or e-mail to the office in possession of the items. Note that e-mail bids should be followed up by submission of an authorized bid form, which has been signed by the bidder
Most items are offered for sale without a declared closing date. If an acceptable offer is received, those goods may be sold without further notice.
- The highest bid is submitted to the creditor for approval on the business day following the closing date or on regular intervals. It may take several days or in very extreme cases, even several weeks before the creditor approves any bid.
- Only the successful bidder will be contacted by telephone, e-mail or fax once the creditor has approved the bid. (Please do not contact us to inquire about the status of your bid)
- If yours is the high bid and we are still waiting for an approval, we will contact you.
Completing the Sale
- Once contacted, the successful bidder is required to immediately complete the purchase (unless the bid included a “subject to” clause).
- Payment may be made by certified cheque, bank draft, wire transfer, e-transfer.
or cash. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Buyers are responsible to arrange for transport of the items at their own expense. Unless other arrangements are made, items must be moved within 1 day of completing the purchase.
Goods left on site are subject to storage charges at existing and established rates after the sale has taken place.
How May We Help?
View a complete list of our services with descriptions here..